1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted phone question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alltexan2010, Sep 21, 2011.

1. alltexan2010

alltexan2010 Newbie
    None

May 22, 2011
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Indulge that is rooted. I have a sound file on the SD card that I need to transfer to the Local directory on the phone to be able to use it. I cannot figure out how to do it in any of the File Explorers I use. I can see the file and I can move it within the SD, but how do I transfer it to the local directory on the phone. I can see that directory as well, but I do not seem to have the option to cut and paste from one to the other.

I do not have the capability to plug into my computer via USB. I cannot get that to work on Windows 7. I only have my phone to work with. Is it possible?

Advertisement

2. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    1. Why should you need to move from SD to internal memory? It should work either way, otherwise you've got bigger issues than that.
    2. You must cut and paste from one directory to the other, using a file explorer with root access. Mount the location you're aiming as Read+Write. Make sure it's not on read only.
    3. You need to install the Samsung drivers to your phone for it to work
    I have windows 7 that I use sometimes (ok, rather seldom), but it works on it. Also try changing the USB cable you're using. If you have more than one, swap it out and see what gives.
    and if you can't access your phone in windows 7 or some other OS, how did you root it?

alltexan2010 likes this.
  3. alltexan2010

alltexan2010 Newbie
    None

May 22, 2011
    I rooted it on my mom's xp in Denton. I'm in Dallas.

4. tiede

tiede Android Expert
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    I see...
    Have you tried the suggestions I posted above, by the way?

5. s810car

s810car Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    Wifi? You can try adbWireless (Market link, its free) and push the file, or an FTP option which is what I do with stubborn files gmail wont let me send between comp/phone, or app files over 30mb (and hence have to side load due to low cache allotment)

** Still confused as to why this is necessary or what moving the file will change to make it work:thinking: