1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted Prevail, still cannot tether...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Transmission28, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Transmission28

I have my prevail rooted and have the 187MoD-Honeybread flashed to it. I downloaded pdanet to both the phone and my desktop computer, but I cannot access web pages. However, I can sign on to certain chat programs.:thinking: Very odd to me. Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any views/replies.:D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Spend the $5 to buy Klink. Works great via USB.

Transmission28 likes this.
  3. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

Did you setup the wifi tether app?

4. Transmission28

I guess I should have came here before paying to register pdanet, hehe. Thanks man, I may have to eventually try Klink if I cannot find a workaround for pdanet. I appreciate your input. :D

Well, I did download FoxFi, and the FoxFi Addon, but I am on a desktop with no wireless card in it, so I assume that would do me no good anyhow. I'm still learning, so I could be wrong. Thanks. :D

5. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member

I bought easy tether a year ago still hasnt let me down yet

6. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

I second that........ Easy Tether works great ! Worth buying ! However meanwhile I use WiFi tether with works also really good for me !

7. Transmission28

Thanks fellas, I will certainly keep Easy Tether in mind. I appreciate it! :D

8. RTLflat

RTLflat Android Enthusiast

Cwm tether

Made by makers of rom manager

Works perfect no root needed I believe and no options need to be setup like wifi tether. Just install and go

9. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

He has NO WIRELESS CARD guys... Lol

He needs to USB tether... Does anyone know of a free app for that?
    I only know about klink... But it cost money.

Edit- rtl, you tried this app? (i just checked it out, it claims to support usb tethering.) Your post threw me off i read it as "it needs to be set up like wifi tether." :(

Another one of my leap without looking moments... Been a long day...

10. RTLflat

Works perfect n fsst. Don't use phone drivers it try to get u to download. Just install prevail drivers and tether.exe on computer and hit start. Have adb in path.

First time might not connect. Just disable tethering and unplug phone. Fix permissions and reboot phone and computer and then good to go.

Tested and confirmed on xp 32 bit

This and wireless tether for root are only tether apps you'll ever need for prevail. Other than maybe foxfi for Bluetooth tether but I never try that before

11. Transmission28

I tried the demo of Klink to verify that it works, and indeed it does. I am curious about CWM Tether, but when I search for it in the Market it doesn't show up. I've noticed that with a few things I've searched for in the Market. It didn't start doing this until I flashed the HoneyBread ROM. Anyhow, is there any way one of you that has it could upload the apk file here for download? Thanks.

12. RTLflat

clockworkmod tether

13. Wizard59

Wizard59 Well-Known Member

For me pdanet worked great once I got it working but setup was a PITA for some reason. Personally I use easytether pro for when I must use usb tethering but for some reason I get better speeds with wifi tether although I know you said you did not have a wireless card. I ahve never used that klink program but easy tether seems more stable and gives me better speeds than pdanet ever did. But if you want to try to make your pdanet work let me know as I will be more than happy to compare my settings for you as I still have it installed on my pc.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews