• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I get this phone rooted or not rooted - www.onthegosolutions.com

• Send back get non rooted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the rooted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PDConner

Jun 11, 2011
Should I keep this phone (Samsung Galaxy 2S) that came rooted from where I bought it (www.onthegosolutions.com) should i keep it rooted or send it back and have them send me one not rooted.. I just want apps to wrok and things to work and i seem to have issues.. Does rooting cause issues.. I havent downloaded anything extra it just came rooted and rooted only.. nothing extra loaded (besides stock stuff)

thanks

Should I keep this phone (Samsung Galaxy 2S) that came rooted from where I bought it (www.onthegosolutions.com) should i keep it rooted or send it back and have them send me one not rooted.. I just want apps to wrok and things to work and i seem to have issues.. Does rooting cause issues.. I havent downloaded anything extra it just came rooted and rooted only.. nothing extra loaded (besides stock stuff)

thanks
No but you should know how to unroot it if you need to bring it back for anything....then again, i dont know how you would do that anyways(bring it back) the way you acquired it here.

Upvote 0
They send them rooted to you. and warranty it either way.. They offered to send me a non rooted phone to see if it fixes my issues with the HBO Go app not working and only playing audio and no video and also the social hub not working (im clients and yahoo mail) but they said they didnt think it was because the phone was rooted that maybe thoese just are upgrated yet to work with this phone..

Upvote 0
You will have seen from my comments in one of your other threads that I think buying a rooted phone was a mistake.

Having said that, there is no reason to believe that your HBO problem is in any way a consequence of the phone's having been rooted. All rooting should do it permit apps to gain root privileges. This will (positively) affect applications that need root access such as Titanium Backup Pro, but should have absolutely no impact on any other application.

I don't think that you will find any difference and since other users have also had problems with HBO Go (is that the correct name?), it looks like either a bug in the software or some incompatibility with the SGS2. My money is on the former.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones