1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted, Rerooted - didnt fully work and still cannot flash ROMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by memgem, Sep 16, 2010.

1. memgem

memgem Member
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    London
    Heya guys

This is where i am now near enough after a day of doing this.

I rooted my phone initially and it seemed to work, i had superuser permissions but it didnt seem to be fully rooted, i couldnt flash any ROMS and when in HBOOT setting, when I tried to go through the recovery part to flash the ROM the red triangle just stayed there it didnt change.

I thought if i re rooted it may help, so i did, with the same step by step guide , however when i connected the phone and opened the windows push batch files the red triangle didnt change and i had to disconnect and turn the phone back on.

So now I have my phone which I do not think is fully rooted as the push files didnt work properly and i cannot flash any roms as i cannot run the recovery mode properly or get to use clock work mod as the red triangle is just always there.

Everyone seems to have been having success and I just cannot seem to get anywhere any help would really be appreciated. I have tried so many things from downloading custom ROMS frommodacoetc but i cannot flash anyROMS and now im just stuck.

If there is a way i can properly just root the phone and flash the ROMS id be happy, I feel like i know what to do, but i just do not understand why when rooting, the last part when u connect the phone and open the push files didnt work, and also why when i thought the rooting had worked the first time, i still couldnt get to the part where i flash the ROMS.

Your expertise would be much appreciated!!!!!

Advertisement

2. teppic74

teppic74 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    It sounds like you used an obsolete rooting method. Root your phone again using unrevoked3 (v3.14) and then in custom recovery you can install a ROM.

Tags: