• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted Samsung J 7 keeps Restarting After Hard Reset

zarabib

Lurker
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,
I've just rooted a Samsung J7 Prime G610F using Odin. Primarily because I wanted to recover some deleted files in the internal memory. I succeeded after many times (one click root etc... didn't worked).
Anyway now I've another problem. My phone didn't recognize the pin to unlock. Then I made a hard reset but now the phone keeps restarting!
Please any quick solution to fix this mess?
Thanks in advance

Capture.JPG
Stock Recovery J7 Prime.JPG
Thanks for your reply.
I've downloaded the stock firmware to recover my phone but Odin failed. It stuck and didn't want to go in download mode.
I've read that it could be that Odin doesn't recognize the file inside the archives. So I've removed the .md5 extension and extracted the recovery image and finally put it in a new archive (recovery.img.tar)
When I flashed again with Odin I only loaded this archive and it reset my phone. It switched on normally.
My question is,
Should I load also all the files (BL, Cp, CSC, Home CSC) inside the stock firmware to recover my phone totally to its original Samsung firmware using the same method as above (remove md5 extension etc..)?
Also I need to say that neither Kies3 nor Smart Switch are working. My phone isn't recognized.
Please help me to get out of this nightmare!

Upvote 0
Download this app into your J7..it will make your fantastic phone being seen by your computer..

Ps..I still wonder how you get your J7 rooted..supposedly that's still not available..I tried that with my mom's phone all night long the other day with the file "root for every one"..wasn't able..good job!!!..any way.

Let me know.

Attachments

• USB Settings 20170521.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones