1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rooted, sim unlock aps not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SSBM, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SSBM

SSBM Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    Hey there, successfully rooted my Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100M running 4.1.2) from Bell Canada but unfortunately none of the sim unlock apps are working.

I rooted using the http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...t/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html found on this site.

I have tried the popular sim unlocking apps such as the ones made by Chainfire and Helroz to no avail, I have also tried sim unlock sites which have failed to come up with working codes. If anyone could give me some suggestions on how to unlock my phone I would be deeply grateful - thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Get the unlock code legitimately from the carrier. If that doesn't work it's a warranty issue. (There could be something wrong with the phone, which would mean that it just won't unlock.)

SSBM likes this.
  3. SSBM

SSBM Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks for the response will try that out. I've heard of people paying to get their unlock codes from their carriers for 70$.. being a college student means my budget has barely any breathing room but I guess I have no choice - cheers!

4. spatzkatz

spatzkatz Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2014
    I'm having a similar problem to SSBM. I rooted my GS2 successfully by following the same marvelous guide, but I also have not been able to use any of the unlock apps. Here's the situation: I got the phone secondhand in Austria and used in on the Three carrier there, not realizing that it was locked. Now I am in the US and want to use it here on the T-Mobile network. My questions is this: Is there any way that I can unlock the phone from outside Austria? I don't think contacting Three is an option, as I am not the original account holder.

According to T-Mobile and Samsung, there is nothing to be done...but I wanted to check with the real experts first! Thanks.