1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Rooted (Sprint) Hero now has no data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Davicl81, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Davicl81

Davicl81 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    RVA (Fist City)
    Hello all,
    This is actually my first post here, but I am frequent visitor. I just finally got around to signing up for a sn so I can actually post on the forums now (yeah me) Anyway, I rooted my Sprint Hero about 9 months ago, then I actually turned service off to the phone about 6 months ago, I just recently reactivated service to the rooted Hero and I do not have any data coming through unless I do it through wifi. With wifi OFF All I can do is make phone calls and send non-media based texts. Any idea as to what's going on? I don;t want to call sprint and have them walk me through it since the phone is rooted. Should I 'unroot' my phone and see if that works and then root it back again? It's been so long since I have done anything with this phone Im not even sure how to begin that process. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-David

ps. I am a MAC user so if you have instructions for me that require a computer, well, there you go. Thanks again.

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    You will probably either need to flash an HTC Sense UI based Android 2.1 ROM, like Liquid Sense 2.1 or just revert to your stock Android 2.1 with HTC Sense UI ROM. To activate a handset on the Sprint network, it has to have one of those ROMs.

You can go here and follow the instructions to flash the stock Android 2.1 RUU .zip file: [RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot - xda-developers .

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    You need to update your profile and that needs to be done on a sense Rom as LBP mentioned.

4. Davicl81

Davicl81 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    RVA (Fist City)
    Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up getting a new hero today because my son dropped the other one in the toilet! so I am back on track and re-rooted now just trying to decided on which ROM I want to use. :) It's like Christmas shopping hahaha

-David

5. steam374

steam374 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Washington
    I recommend DonB's Asaop rom :)

6. vng10

vng10 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    question, the 2.31.651.7 on that xda forum didnt work....is there an update since that was posted in october??

Tags: