• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted - stock update

Zenze

Apr 17, 2010
So a while ago I rooted with Unrevoked and Unrevoked forever and installed cyanogen mod. I used that for a while however now I want to go back to the standard issue. I restored my stock backup but now I am need to update to 2.2. Can I just use the ota update or will that cause problems? What would you guys recommend?

So a while ago I rooted with Unrevoked and Unrevoked forever and installed cyanogen mod. I used that for a while however now I want to go back to the standard issue. I restored my stock backup but now I am need to update to 2.2. Can I just use the ota update or will that cause problems? What would you guys recommend?

so you dont want root? if you just want a standard 2.2 sense rom virtuous i heard it the most stock. but also nandroiding back to a rooted 2.1 then flashing the 2.2 ota might cause problems. i would suggest if you dont want root anymore is to push the stock 2.1 file without root on one of the forum stickies then accept all the OTA's

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones