• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted, Switch from Gingerbread to ICS/WIFI HELP!

ascot69

Lurker
Apr 2, 2013
Alright so, first off I should tell you this whole problem began when Comcast did some update yesterday. I use my MS695 as a wifi only phone. Wifi works on my laptop and zune, but now my phone gets stuck in the four-way handshake authentication error loop nonsense. Can't fix it. Spent all day trying to, and it's just not working.

So I rooted the phone, ideally to ditch the OS altogether and install another one, hopefully to jimmy the wifi issue and get it to connect. Except I don't know how to uninstall Gingerbread and install ICS on this phone. I found tutorials for all the galaxy models, tablet, etc etc but not for the MS695. I cannot express how crucial it is for me to get this wifi thing working asap. The wifi works everywhere else on different connections, btw, but not at home and I already checked out the router -no issues. Tried wifi fixes on the phone, no resolutions. Even did a hard reset, factory reset, etc. So Is the OS thing the only option? And how the heck do I do it?! Please help, please.....

UPDATE: mods please remove thread? I...um....erm....fixed the issue.... by.... using all lowercase letters in the password instead of capitalizing the first letter (which I have always done). *hangs head in shame*

Alright so, first off I should tell you this whole problem began when Comcast did some update yesterday. I use my MS695 as a wifi only phone. Wifi works on my laptop and zune, but now my phone gets stuck in the four-way handshake authentication error loop nonsense. Can't fix it. Spent all day trying to, and it's just not working.

So I rooted the phone, ideally to ditch the OS altogether and install another one, hopefully to jimmy the wifi issue and get it to connect. Except I don't know how to uninstall Gingerbread and install ICS on this phone. I found tutorials for all the galaxy models, tablet, etc etc but not for the MS695. I cannot express how crucial it is for me to get this wifi thing working asap. The wifi works everywhere else on different connections, btw, but not at home and I already checked out the router -no issues. Tried wifi fixes on the phone, no resolutions. Even did a hard reset, factory reset, etc. So Is the OS thing the only option? And how the heck do I do it?! Please help, please.....

UPDATE: mods please remove thread? I...um....erm....fixed the issue.... by.... using all lowercase letters in the password instead of capitalizing the first letter (which I have always done). *hangs head in shame*

I see by your edit that you got your M+ to connect to your wifi, that's good. :D

Now as to your other question, ICS isn't possible (at the moment) on the Optimus M+. What you will need is a custom ICS ROM, and no one has made one for the M+. That phone is stuck with Gingerbread.

Upvote 0
I see by your edit that you got your M+ to connect to your wifi, that's good. :D

Now as to your other question, ICS isn't possible (at the moment) on the Optimus M+. What you will need is a custom ICS ROM, and no one has made one for the M+. That phone is stuck with Gingerbread.
:D

Thank you for your reply. I think the real question was just how to remove the OS to replace it with something else in an attempt to get the wifi working on different software/firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones