• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted tablet? always keep backups on your SD card!

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
I had my tablet freeze while using the on-screen keyboard which forced a usual reset. But upon reboot, I had a white skating android robot screen with only a few icons as if the tablet were factory reset. None of the games ran and functions (such as lock screen, terminal ) were inaccessible. My tablet had gone into safe mode. Rebooting did not fix it. I had to use clockwork mod to restore a previous backup. If not for that, all my apps and music would've been lost.

I had my tablet freeze while using the on-screen keyboard which forced a usual reset. But upon reboot, I had a white skating android robot screen with only a few icons as if the tablet were factory reset. None of the games ran and functions (such as lock screen, terminal ) were inaccessible. My tablet had gone into safe mode. Rebooting did not fix it. I had to use clockwork mod to restore a previous backup. If not for that, all my apps and music would've been lost.

Keep a folder on an external SD card with either backups from titanium backup (app) or copies of your system/data folder.

Then you can either restore with titanium or move the folder with a root explorer (I keep a copy of a root explorer.apk on all my SD cards, just instal from SD and your good)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones