• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted to Fresh 2.1.1 - Cannot connect to HTC Sync

mozman

Feb 22, 2010
First time rooter and successfully rooted Fresh 2.1.1. I used the HTC sync to install the stock apk's, since they were removed from the ROM. Got a few successfully installed, then I got errors and could not install anymore. After a break I tried to connect to HTC sync, but now I'm unable to. I tried with usb debugger on and off without success. THanks for your help in Advance!

Would you consider posting what you did, others may benefit from it. Thanks! :)

In order for the HTC Sync to work, I have to go to Settings>Applications and turn on the "Unknown Sources". This then connected me to HTC sync and allowed me to install applications.

Although it does not colve my problem of being able to install certain stock applications:
I was able to install:
Amazon MP3 Store
Sprint Navigation
Sprint NFL

I was unable to install:
Stock
HTC Footprints
Ringtone Trimmer

Looking at the files unzip from the .zip file, there's a pattern. The ones that I could not install have both a .apk and .odex files of the same name. While the programs that did install only have an .apk file. Maybe there's something to it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones