1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted to Metro, but cant get on.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheDrunking, Jan 9, 2012.

1. TheDrunking

TheDrunking Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    So, i got a Sprint Evo 4g.. and found out I can use it on MetroPCS. I rooted it, and put the MetroDroid2.2 on it, did all the CDMA workshop and QSwhatever stuff I needed to, so its ready to rock & roll..

BUT, i cant get Metro PCS to sign me up, because they just HAVE to tether a phones MEID or whatever, and it wont accept mine.

Ive searched, ive Googled, and all Ive been told is to spend $10 at a corporate store to have it done(ive talked to people at 3, they WONT do it), go on the androidwhiterabbit site, which just gives me the same MEIDs that are already printed on my phone, or "find someone on craigslist" which makes me go "why pay some shady dude for something that probably doesnt work and i might be able to do myself".

So how do I fix this? is there a tutorial on editing my MEID, or a program, or.. anything? Im totally frustrated here.

thanks for any and all info back!

Advertisement

2. mteezey

mteezey Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Detroit,MI
    Corp stores are bad about doing it. You need to go to a dealer store and have them houdini it. That's really the only way to get the esn in the system. Unless you can find someone willing to go against policy and just add it. But editing the meid is illegal but people do, do it. However its very hard plus.if you dont have evry setting right your phone won't work anyway and risk bricking it. Your best bet is find a dealer that will(not corp) or just do the Craigslist thing it will be fine.

3. TheDrunking

TheDrunking Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    So basically I just need to contact people/dealer's and ask them if they can "Houdini my ESN/MEID to MetroPCS"?

Tags: