• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted using towelroot.com.

Reactions: paulw035
Upvote 0
I was under the impression that towelroot just rooted the phone, it did not unlock the bootloader.

I have an at&t note 3 and I'm rooted using towelroot... But my bootloader is locked

If you unlock the bootloader on your device you will trip your Knox counter, causing your device's warranty to be completely void.

So it's perfectly fine from what it's doing.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that towelroot just rooted the phone, it did not unlock the bootloader.

I have an at&t note 3 and I'm rooted using towelroot... But my bootloader is locked
Your impression is correct, towelroot just roots the device, it doesn't unlock the bootloader. So that's normal.
same here, used towelroot but can't flash ROM
You need to install safestrap recovery to flash ROMs. Granted on the AT&T version there are only touchwiz based ROMs because we can't flash any other kernels.

I'm not worried about voiding my warranty. As far as I know, there is no way to unlock the bootloader on at&t note 3.

Do you know of a way?

No, you cannot unlock the bootloader on the AT&T version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones