• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted VS Non-Rooted

ok i have a Android Eris 2.1 and was wondering if, Rooting it would make it better.. ive looked on the forums and notice that alot of people have their phones rooted and seem to be dealing with complications:( also along with that i heard that if your phone really messes up you wont be able to take it to verizon to have it checked out?

is this true??
and if so, whats the advantages and disadvantages to rooted vs keeping the phone rooted...

lemme know please...
thanks

ok i have a Android Eris 2.1 and was wondering if, Rooting it would make it better.. ive looked on the forums and notice that alot of people have their phones rooted and seem to be dealing with complications:( also along with that i heard that if your phone really messes up you wont be able to take it to verizon to have it checked out?

is this true??
and if so, whats the advantages and disadvantages to rooted vs keeping the phone rooted...

lemme know please...
thanks

Pretty sure it depends on whether or not you are running a leaked 2.1 or official 2.1 as to whether or not you can Root. Others will know more, but you can check out this thread for more answers!

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

Upvote 0

is this true??

lemme know please...
thanks

I had that same question at one time but what software version available doesn't have bugs? The biggest difference I see with rooting is that at least the devs are working on those bugs which is why they are always updating their ROMS. If you have the official version you have to wait for the OTAs and we see how long that takes. People that were rooted have been on 2.1 far longer than those waiting for the OTA. There are so many advantages of rooting but it's also a matter of how comfortable are you going through the different steps of rooting?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones