1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Rooted....with questions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ER6BEN, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ER6BEN

ER6BEN Active Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Motorcycle Sales
    Seattle
    So I finally obtained root access on my G1....I think.
    I followed all of the directions and in the process tried to load the lateset ROM from Cyanogen.For a minute my phone showed his skateboarding android but then the screen just went black....for a long time. I eventually turned my phone off and rebooted and it returned from RC29 to dream_devphone-userdebug 1.6 DRC83. Now this is exciting enough for me because I have very limited knowledge in this arena and I have to admit that just seeing my phone model go from G1 to Android dev phone 1 makes me feel like I accomplished something, however now I really do not know what to do next. What I would really like to do is upload 2.0 when I can and although I would not mind a custom rom it is not neccassary. I would love it if someone could answer a few questions for me....here goes..

#1. When I put the custom ROM and SPL on my SD card did I need too unzip them first ? or does my phone unzip them for me cause I think that the only reason I breifly seen the Cyanogen recovery img. Is because it was not zipped and the rest did not load because it was zipped....or am I just being retarted here.

#2. Now that I have taken the terminal emulator from the market can I put the commands in there to upload custom ROMS?

#3. can I put 2.0 on my phone yet?

I have tons more questions but this will work for now....Thank You to anyone that can help.

-- :D

Advertisement