1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted with S-off, on Hboot 1.57; can't flash hboot 1.4/1.04 with PG86IMG.zip

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrstnzmrmn, Dec 30, 2012.

1. chrstnzmrmn

chrstnzmrmn Lurker

I am rooted with S-off, on hboot 1.57. I went to [DOWNGRADE HBOOT/UNBRICK] HBOOT 1.50 (And possibly future/other devices) - Android Forums and tried to flash the PG86IMG.zip file with hboot 1.4 from the xda thread. After I flashed it, when I boot into the bootloader, hit the power button to select bootloader, it tries to read it, but I end up with a long string of "PG86IMG.random file types" under which are multiple "No image!" warnings. My phone is still working fully, on MidnightRomS 1.0.7, but I want to flash Disarmed Toaster 0.2.9 CM10 so I can have a JB rom. Unfortunately, hboot 1.57 doesn't support JB ROMs, and Disarmed Toaster and all other CM10 roms I've tried (as well as many CM9 roms) bootloop endlessly when I flash them. Since I have s-off, I can't brick my phone and then unbrick it, as it will astually permanently brick the phone. I tried re-running 1.13 RUU, and it was succesful, but my phone stayed on hboot 1.57, so I re-rooted and flashed MidnightRomS again. Does anybody know what might be causing these "No image!" errors, or another way to either downgrade the hboot/run CM10 roms with s-off?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. youaregreat

youaregreat Well-Known Member

Did you place PG86IMG in the root of your sd-card?

chrstnzmrmn likes this.
  3. chrstnzmrmn

chrstnzmrmn Lurker

Meaning in the same folder as my roms and such? To be completely honest, I had no idea what people were saying when they said that. So then PG86IMG.zip has to be in the same folder as my rom? I have a folder called "ROOT" which contains my roms and recovery. Is that what you're talking about? If this is the issue then I feel like an idiot.

4. youaregreat

youaregreat Well-Known Member

root means the very top level folder. so just "\". like "C:\" on a pc. not inside of any sub folders.

chrstnzmrmn likes this.
  5. chrstnzmrmn

chrstnzmrmn Lurker

Alright, thanks for clarifying. It is indeed in the root of the SD card then. I just went into my ROOT folder and deleted another "PG86IMG.zip" that was in there from before, stuck the new one in there, then moved it back to the root, rebooted, and now I'm on hboot 1.04! Thank you very much for your assistance!

6. mluna91

mluna91 Lurker

I'm following the instructions you guys have here but this isnt working for me.
    Power down--->power w/ vol down
    Go into bootloader.....then nothing.

I renamed it to just PG89IMG not PG86IMG.zip and nothing is happening.

Background info:
    Did the junop whatever s-off wire trick. Running stock deodex rom. Software version 2.89

Any help would be great guys.

7. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Did you remove the .zip altogether? It should be filename: PG86IMG
    file extension: .zip

And it needs to go on the root of the sd card (not in any folders)

8. mluna91

mluna91 Lurker

I did it with and without the .zip extension. What I end up with in my bootloader is "CID incorrect!". Sorry if this isn't clear and thanks for the help

9. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Ok. I just downloaded it to look at it. It was only specified for evo 3d. I edited it to work with evo v as well. Try this: http://db.tt/5w5fc7y8

Just put the file as is on the root of your sd card not in any folders. No need to rename or anything.

mluna91 likes this.
  10. mluna91

mluna91 Lurker

So my hboot is now 1.4 thanks a lot brother it worked. But I have some trouble now just booting up, I'm stuck in a boot loop! lol. Did a battery pull once and I'm about to do it again. Any help there?

What I've tried to fix the issue:
    -Booting up without the sd card doesn't help: i can get into normal bootloader but no sd card means no backing up. I also still bootloop.

-When I get into bootloader with the SD card in I automatically get asked if I want to install the update, when I say no I get:
    Parsing..[SD ZIP]
    [1] BOOTLOADER
    Cancel Update!
    Press <POWER. to reboot.

But i cant go into the regular bootloader mode and i also still bootloop.

My phone's info:
    SHOOTER XC SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-1.40.0000
    Radio-1.09.00.0706
    eMMc-boot

Was also running Stock Deodex Rom by the way. Rom is located in step 3 of thread below:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1808150

11. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

The most likely cause is the rom you are on isn't compatible with that hboot. The simple solution, flash another rom. The reason you can't get to recovery is because of the PG86IMG file on your sd card. If you have a card reader and adapter, or another phone, delete that file. Obviously it doesn't help when you are in a bootloop, but normally after using a PG86IMG you should delete or rename immediately after booting back up for this exact reason. If you can't delete the file, use command prompt to reboot into fastboot usb mode: adb reboot bootloader and flash a rom through fastboot.