1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Rooted, yet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnishate, Feb 23, 2011.

1. johnishate

johnishate Lurker

I can no longer mount my phone to my computer.
    Any tips as to what I should do?
    I've installed my drivers for USB. Also I've done all of the obvious such as unplugging and plugging back in and what not.

Advertisement

2. sethjamto

sethjamto Well-Known Member

Could you do it before? Are you running the stock ROM or a custom one? Have you brought down the notification bar after plugging in and told it to mount?

3. johnishate

johnishate Lurker

After figuring it out, I can mount it. Unfortunately I cannot unroot it after using the Unleash the Beast root. Does anyone know how in the world I can fix this, seeing as Froyo 2.2 is finally getting released today? I've tried a hard reset and cleared everything, yet it still shows up as rooted.

4. Girevik

Girevik Android Enthusiast

My understanding is that you can go ahead and upgrade the phone even though you are rooted, and the update will un-root you.

5. SuFuCru

SuFuCru Member

Use super one-click 1.7 to re-root. Just be sure to reboot it when it's done.

6. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Newbie

I was rooted. went through with the update and am now NOT rooted. and the old "update.zip" from chaoscentral no long will root the phone. still have the Titanium Backup app, but i am assuming this won't work until i root again.

7. Girevik

Someone in the "Froyo" thread had the same problem, and I think they said that once they restarted the phone they were able to root again.

8. SuFuCru

SuFuCru Member

9. SuFuCru

SuFuCru Member

That would be me. All rooted now! :cool:

10. Girevik

Yes it would. I just saw your post in my "should I root before updating" thread and was coming back here to provide your one click info....beat me to it.

Is the "one click" method a better approach than the update.zip? I was just about to give that a shot.

11. johnishate

johnishate Lurker

So, after I'm able to update OTA I should be unrooted? Sorry if I missed this answer a long the way in this thread. I'm not worried about re-rooting right now. I just need to make sure the update is going to unroot my phone for sure.

12. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Newbie

i was not able to re-root with the update.zip version. when i try it says...

E:signature verification faild. Instalation aborted.

going to try the one click method.

13. johnishate

johnishate Lurker

Let me know how that goes, if it works out. I might do the same.

14. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Newbie

ok maybe i am an idiot, but i can't seem to get past the "waiting for device..." on the super one-click root!!!

Please help.

15. johnishate

johnishate Lurker

There's steps it says to follow if your phone gets stuck in the "waiting for device" loop.

rooted after Froyo update with super one click, and it works amazingly, I'd just like a super one click root to erase all the bloatware for me.

16. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Newbie

yes i know... i tried all the "unplug the usb" "replug the usb" multiple times, uncheck usb debugging re-check usb debugging.... etc etc etc.

still not working!!!

now i can't un-check (or check) usb debugging with the usb cable plugged in. i have to unplug the cable check or un-check and the replug the cable. also when i have usb debugging checked and plug the cable innt the phone in the pull down menu at the top it says "USB connected - select to copy files". so i click that and then it brings up a screen with an android guy with a usb cable for his left arm and a button for "Connect usb storage" even after i click that i get no activity on the super one click!!!

17. johnishate

johnishate Lurker

Unplug your usb and go to usb settings then change it to mass storage and make sure debugging is still on. That's what my thread was originally about. I had to go redo all that through there.

Also, I can't use the Captivate Super one click, I had to use the Universal one.

18. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Newbie

still didn't work... ughhh!!!

anyways my lunch hour is over so i will have to try again tonight at home.

19. lfaulkner29

lfaulkner29 Newbie

ok, not sure what i did different on the home laptop, but the whole process took maybe 3 minutes (including downloading the super one-click.zip) and i was rooted again....

def worth donation!!!

20. fxstsb

fxstsb Lurker

I've been using the pull down menu on the first screen. At the bottom is USB.....