• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It's because of this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180124-005936.png
    Screenshot_20180124-005936.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0
Install the root checker app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

Follow the prompts and it will tell you if your device is rooted or not.

Your screenshot looks like it's just a GitHub page. You're on a website on that photo, yes? It looks like it's just code that you could view from any web browser on any device, not anything that's on your device specifically??

Upvote 0
I'm confused about what's going on here. Are you trying to root your device?

If not, then you are fine.

If you are trying, then we'd have to find instructions for your specific device. Not every device has root methods available.

I'm going to bed, but I will check in here tomorrow.

Thank you I just want to know if some one Has hacked in to my phone...good night help me if u can

Upvote 0
That "sorry" message tells you that you are not rooted. If you are seeing odd behavior or think your security is compromised, it is much more likely that someone has your Google credentials and is accessing your account. Change your password to something secure and enable 2-step verification. You will be fine.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Rooting your Moto E4 will be something of an involved project, it's not something that can just happen when, just as an example, you inadvertently view a dodgy web site. To actually root your phone you need physical access to do the process, so keep a lock screen enabled (your E4 has that handy fingerprint sensor) and do not allow others to borrow your phone unless you're always nearby to watch what they're doing with it.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones