• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting 2.3.5 w/ Mac

Hey guys. I just got an x2 with the gb 2.3.5 update. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on rooting this phone with a mac. If its even possible. For some reason my windows xp pc will not recognize the phone. I have drivers installed. have usb debugging on and have usb mass storage selected. It just wont show up under 'My Computer' which is a problem when trying to root because it says 'waiting for device'. So my only other option is to use my mac. Thanks in advance.

Did you restart your pc after installing the drivers? Do you think it could be an issue with the cable?

For some reason my windows xp pc will not recognize the phone. I have drivers installed. have usb debugging on and have usb mass storage selected. It just wont show up under 'My Computer' which is a problem when trying to root because it says 'waiting for device'.
Just got home and looked at my phone/pc setup again, you have to put the phone in charge mode and it will not show on your PC.

Also, what method are you using to root? Are you following the instructions in this thread? You can't use other methods used in 2.3.4 by the way.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1818758

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones