1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting a Metro PCS Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Country Dad, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Country Dad

Country Dad Well-Known Member

OK, before I do this root for the metro phone I have a few question. I have a few question which I do not see answered, Im sure its somewhere, I just do see it.

1. Is there a clockworkmod recover for the root?
    2. Does titanium back up work for it.
    3. does all the roms I see posted work for it.
    4. Are you able to back the phone up on a sd card befoe the root?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

All of these questions depend on the phone you have. Some metro phones have Dev support for it and some dont, Dev support includes cwmr and roms, titanium backup works on any rooted phone. And as for the backup before root, the closest you can get is backup your apps.
    My question to you is, what phone do you have?

3. Country Dad

I Posted this question in the ZTE Avid Thread because that is the phone I have, that you for the fast response.

4. codyedmonson

Wow I'm sorry I didn't notice that, I'm on my phone and I was checking the "Latest posts" and didn't see where it was posted.
    There is a few devs for ZTE Avid, totlth and dadcup. The both made custom Roms, quite a few actually and luckily for us totlth made a back-to-stock.zip we can flash and it will take everything back to normal, even recovery. There is a cwmr for this phone as well I think a twrp. As of right now there is a stable ported version of cm10 or android 4.1 for our phones. I'll post some links once im on my laptop. Glad I could help a fellow Avid owner.

5. codyedmonson

Sorry for double reply. Here are the links to some important things.
    The basics http://androidforums.com/avid-4g-all-things-root/729313-all-basics-very-user-friendly.html I would use the Terminal Emulator to flash the cwmr, also the back-to-stock zip download is at the bottom of the first post. Plus one very basic ROM slimm+ its stock slimmed down.

Here is ICSCUP Roms http://androidforums.com/avid-4g-all-things-root/704660-icscup-roms.html All of these roms include Google Now and jb animations, etc.

This is the CM10 unofficial port to ZTE Avid http://androidforums.com/avid-4g-all-things-root/706433-cm10-progress-update-thread.html The newest version is on page 17 near the bottom.

Hope all of this helps you out.

6. Country Dad

LOL, no problem, thanks for the reply, I already rooted it, I had the admire so I know how to do it, but I didn't see those question any where. Now Im going through and freezing aps to see what is safe to remove, Do you by chance know where all those wigets are stored. They need to go. lol

7. codyedmonson

The ZTE Apps like the contacts_ZTE? Those are in the list on Titanium backup as Contacts_ZTE, Music_ZTE, etc.., I'm pretty sure thats how they are stored on the phone. Allot of all the apps on the phone you can take off. Also, Xposed framework works on the phone. If you want to replace the font of the phone use ROM Toolbox pro or lite edition. They are the safest way to do it,I change my font and bootanimation using ROM Toolbox Pro. Happy I could help, any questions you have just ask and i'll be happy to help.

ZTE Avid 4G Forum

The ZTE Avid 4G release date was December 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1730mAh battery.

December 2012
Release Date
Reviews