• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooting a smart phone which is locked on network

dicavo

Jan 12, 2016
Hello every one.. have experia z 3 and i would like to root it. But the mobile is locked on a network.. THE REASON OF ROOTING is not to remove the network lock because its working fine. But i would like to add few apps that cannot be removed by the user and hidden at the same time. Apps for anti theft. So what is the Right and the easyest way to do this.. please help.

Take a look here. Be careful what you are deleting, you can end up bricking your device if you delete something that the phone actually needs, and make sure you take Nandroid backups.
Network locked generally doesn't matter with rooting, sometimes some networks stop you from unlocking the bootloader which makes rooting more difficult and more room for error but that is baked into the IMEI I believe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones