• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting after update - HTC Legend

aiz4andy

Apr 8, 2010
Hi, I've searched around the forums but not been able to find a definitive answer for my question.

I recently updated my firmware following the update on the HTC page. I had planned to root, but got so carried away with the process of successfully creating a goldcard that I didn't think or consider the implications it might have on rooting in the future.

So my question is - is there anyway I can root this phone, my HBOOT no. is 0.43.0003 if that helps at all.

If I can't root this phone, is there anyway of rolling back the firmware?

Or am I stuck with what I have for now?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if it's a dumb question!

Apologies for the heinous bump, but in my searches i keep finding myself back here in this thread, so i decided to post.

I, like you, cannot find an answer to weather or not our Legend - hboot (0.43.0003) can be rooted, and if so how...

I've tried many things, r4-legend, unrevoked etc. but nothing seems to work.

hemelbear's link says any 0.43. version, although I've had no success.

Did you end up finding a way of rooting your Legend?

Regards, Morphinee

Upvote 0
what version are you? 2.1/2.2 and what build version? 1.31/1.32/2.01/2.03?
I'm HBOOT 0.43xxxxx and I'm rooted :)

I'm on Froyo 2.2 Build 3.15.178 (Froyo for Legend AU Vodafone Ruu) at the moment, but i tried rooting on 2.1 ... not sure what build.
Yeah most of the rooting procedures say 0.43xxxxx that is why I'm puzzled as to why it does not work. Although i think this particular Hboot (0.43.0003) cannot be rooted, so it should be 0.43xxxxx (Excluding 0.43.0003) :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones