1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting ALPS A610 on KitKat (4.4.2)

Discussion in 'Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad (OUDHS)' started by elk1007, Sep 15, 2015.

1. elk1007

elk1007 Member

Unless there is some interest, I will not be uploading my moded rom (with root and internal memory increase) until I have time to reset it to stock and create a dump.

Warning: In progress tutorial below...

I have solved this problem myself and successfully rooted Alps A610 on Kitkat (4.4.2).

Phone Information:

Board: MTK6572
    Model: A610
    Man.: ALPS
    Android: 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
    Kernal: 3.4.67
    Build: ALPS.KK1.MP7.V1

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's how:

-Set USB Debugging > On

-Download MTKDroidTools v 2.5.3

-Connect device (verify connection on MTKDroidTools)

-Click 'Scatter from File' to create a memory map of your device. Save it to desktop.

-Open the (MT6572_Android_scatter.txt) file, and search for 'recovery'.

-Find the hex value after recovery called phsyical_start addr, and copy it. (mine was 0x2380000)

-Now download Smart Phone Flash Tool v5.1532, open readback tab, and click add

-after line has been added, click it to change things, leave start address alone and set the second address to what you copied (in my case, 0x2380000)

-Turn off the phone and plug it into your computer.

-Click Read Back <-

-Hold POWER + VOLUME UP until the phone vibrates

-Let install finish in SPFT and save Rom_0 to desktop.

-Go back to MTKTools and click on the To process file rom to flash tool. Select the Rom_0.

-Now you can use the download tab on SPFT to overwrite specific memory.

-Overwrite the recovery partition with one made from CFW Creator for MTK Phones.

~Still updating. Links to come~

#1 elk1007, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hey I got a device thats a "alps" with mtk6572 in it....hidden under the BootLogoSwitch is really a Bobarry (whatever that is)... But question is will your project work for another device running on KitKat 4.4.2 with mtk6572 init?