• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting ALPS A610 on KitKat (4.4.2)

elk1007

Jul 8, 2011
Unless there is some interest, I will not be uploading my moded rom (with root and internal memory increase) until I have time to reset it to stock and create a dump.

Warning: In progress tutorial below...

I have solved this problem myself and successfully rooted Alps A610 on Kitkat (4.4.2).

Phone Information:

Board: MTK6572
Model: A610
Man.: ALPS
Android: 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
Kernal: 3.4.67
Build: ALPS.KK1.MP7.V1

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's how:

-Set USB Debugging > On

-Download MTKDroidTools v 2.5.3

-Connect device (verify connection on MTKDroidTools)

-Click 'Scatter from File' to create a memory map of your device. Save it to desktop.

-Open the (MT6572_Android_scatter.txt) file, and search for 'recovery'.

-Find the hex value after recovery called phsyical_start addr, and copy it. (mine was 0x2380000)

-Now download Smart Phone Flash Tool v5.1532, open readback tab, and click add

-after line has been added, click it to change things, leave start address alone and set the second address to what you copied (in my case, 0x2380000)

-Turn off the phone and plug it into your computer.

-Click Read Back <-

-Hold POWER + VOLUME UP until the phone vibrates

-Let install finish in SPFT and save Rom_0 to desktop.

-Go back to MTKTools and click on the To process file rom to flash tool. Select the Rom_0.

-Now you can use the download tab on SPFT to overwrite specific memory.

-Overwrite the recovery partition with one made from CFW Creator for MTK Phones.

~Still updating. Links to come~

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones