1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting an Android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JonKimJV, Jan 7, 2012.

1. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    I am a new Android user and I know what rooting does generally but how do I do it? Where can i find the steps or the programs I need to root my device and also, would I need to know a lot of computer coding knowledge to change stuff on the Skyrocket after I have rooted it? Please explain if changing the features on the Skyrocket requires coding or something like that. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    You can get rooting information for your phone in Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - All Things Root - Android Forums. Most of the things you will do with root access don't involve and need to touch code. It's mainly granting permission.

I would caution to make sure you know what each permission does and that what you are attempting to do is safe for your phone's operation.

3. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Where can I go to learn about all this permission stuff? Also, is there a step-by-step instruction on rooting? I don't think I see a guide in the All Things Root section.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Give this a look and see if it helps you.

how to root at&t samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket - YouTube

As for the permissions, it is not so much wha they are, but what you let a root permission do. There are far to many variables so maybe if you let us know what you intend on doing with root, we can advise you on the possible dangers.

5. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Well what are some stuff I can do with rooting that is worth the troubles? I know rooting lets you take control many aspects of the phone but I don't know exactly what kind of stuff you can do.

6. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Ok so I rooted using the SuperOneClick and now I have superuser but I don't understand what this does. I know it's supposed to give permissions and everything but when I click on it, all it says is "No apps in list" and "No log information" How do I use rooting to the full potential and what kind of stuff can I do with rooting?