• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting and ADB ?

adz63

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
Berkshire, England
ok i been on unlockr site and found an easy way of putting ROM on . i got to the bit where you have to hold power and home button to get the option to wipe etc but all i got is a triangle with yellow ! and a phone beside it and i cant do anything else ,

please help coz its really starting to do my head in

How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your HTC Hero | TheUnlockr

thats the instructions im following and yes i have just rooted my phone been on market and downloaded an app that needs root to check if i done it properly and works fine

ok i been on unlockr site and found an easy way of putting ROM on . i got to the bit where you have to hold power and home button to get the option to wipe etc but all i got is a triangle with yellow ! and a phone beside it and i cant do anything else ,

please help coz its really starting to do my head in

How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your HTC Hero | TheUnlockr

thats the instructions im following and yes i have just rooted my phone been on market and downloaded an app that needs root to check if i done it properly and works fine

I am not saying it hasnt but when I was trying to get root (fnar) mine did the self same thing and it turned out I wasnt rooted at all. I even downloaded an app specifically for root, although I never opened it I just assumed that if it had installed I was rooted. What Rom are you on, 1.5 or 2.1 stock? To me it would suggested you aint rooted IMHO

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones