• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting and ICS Questions

victo050

Jul 12, 2011
I have a Nexus S on at&t. A while a go i rooted it and its been pretty great, but i heard that the nexus s is getting an update to ics and i have a couple of questions

a)When the update comes, will i get it?

b)Will i be able to update even though i rooted?

c)Will i be able to use titanium back up to restore my settings even though it is the stock ics? or while i have to get a rooted version of ics as well.

d)When will the update come out?

e)Is there a rooted version of ics for the Nexus S?

well ...

a) it sould not be long now ,considering the other two models got it

b) you can update from ...let's say CM7/MIUI to stock 4.0.* but you will loose root ! and YES you will be able to receive OTA's then

c)you can use Titanium backup and restore settings ,but keep in mind that not all the apps run on ICS right now !

d)there are rooted versions of ICS - one is from CM and one from Drew Garren ,at least of these i know about :)

BUT ...keep in mind that ICS is really not a good choice right now ,read related posts ans what problems we are experiencing with it :|

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones