1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting and Unrooting a Samsung Captivate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adamdupre89, May 26, 2011.

1. adamdupre89

adamdupre89 Lurker

Hello, I was wondering about Rooting my samsung captivate, whats the perpouse? If i dont like it after I root it can I unroot it and make it exactly how I had it before? Whats the prosses of both rooting and unrooting?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Welcome to the forums. I moved your question to the appropriate forum where you'll get better answers.

The short answer is rooting is gaining administrative access to the file system which allows you to modify the device beyond the stock features or options. The benefit of rooting is only evident if you want to do something that requires root privileges. And, it is not without risk, for example, if you accidentally move or delete a system file.

The process to root depends on which version of Android you have on your phone. Go to settings>about phone and look for Android Version. And you can unroot, but the process also depends on how you rooted in the first place.

adamdupre89 likes this.
  3. adamdupre89

adamdupre89 Lurker

ahh okay, thank you, iv never used a forum for any thing, haha

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews