1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Rooting and Unrooting Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tone, May 13, 2010.

1. tone

tone New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Ok, so I plan on finally rooting my 2.1 Droid. I have contemplated it for a while, but I really want to do it for the Roms. I can't stand the Open Home force closes, and the way it has been lagging my phone. Here are my questions.

1. - This seems to be the simplest way to root a 2.1 Droid. Is it?

Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

2. - If I do root the phone, is there a way to complete revert back to stock 2.1? If so, how do I do this? This is my biggest concern, if for any reason I need to go back to complete stock (100% "unromed" without a trace) is it possible? (Also, I don't mind an OTA update w/ some sort of Factory Restore)

I searched for this, and I really do apologize if this has been clarified somewhere else.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Advertisement

2. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
  3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
  4. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I too finally gave in to giving this rooting a whirl. While I was scared to death I was going to brick this $600 phone, I wanted more speed (and of course the ROMS). There are 2 very good videos on droid-life.com under the root section, which I followed. It is alot easier than it seems. Once rooted, I would suggest getting ROM manager (free and premium) from market as well as set CPU to manage the max/min speed. Once SPrecovery is flashed, it becomes alot less nerveracking and fun! Happy Rooting! P.S. a rooted droid is a Beast!