1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips Rooting did wonders for my battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattgartner, Jun 23, 2010.

1. mattgartner

mattgartner Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Running at 46% battery life right now, been unplugged since 6am this morning, used for about 2.5 hours of that time (15.5 hours total). I used to be at like 20% after 2.5 hours of use (similar total uptime). The biggest change, literally overnight, was rooting it. Removed all that Sprint and HTC crap that I didn't need and kept running in the background.
    Not using ATK, or a ton of widgets (2-3 plus the settings toggle switches) and screen brightness isn't lower than it needs to be for the conditions. I leave GPS off when I don't need it and same for WiFi, but I do turn them on when I need it.

Unless you have something against rooting, I highly recommend it for the battery life increase. I used the guides on here (parts 1 and 2, full root, not unrevoked) and got the Fresh 0.3 ROM.

Edit: Wanted to add that I spend most of the day at work in an office building 40+ stories up in NYC where it struggles to find a signal usually

Advertisement

2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Washington, DC
    u will have better battery life if u make the gtalk app stop signing u in automatically...thats what really helped my battery.

3. mattgartner

mattgartner Member

Jun 13, 2010
    I had done that already before rooting, but did it again as well after. I don't think that was the difference.

4. mattgartner

mattgartner Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Finally turned it off when it got down to 9% today after 31+ straight hours

Tags: