• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Droid

A hard reset "should" bring you back to the 2.1, because that was the last current update - it's the OS. Hard resetting will remove all of your settings, apps, etc.

Hard reset, and then just bypass the google intro and check system settings to see what version is on it - then just root if it's right for you.

Upvote 0
I know. I put the chevy ulv 1.0 ghz kernal and I am going to see how the battery does. I got setCPU. Thank you to the developer of this program. I am going to also try out the p3droid 1.2 ghz kernal later on.

SetCPU didnt work for me, it actually made my battery life MUCH worse. I know some other people have suspected it did the same thing to their battery life. Just a little friendly warning.

Upvote 0
SetCPU didnt work for me, it actually made my battery life MUCH worse. I know some other people have suspected it did the same thing to their battery life. Just a little friendly warning.

SetCPU is not responsible for your bad battery life. For most it actually improves battery life. You need to find a kernel that works well with your phone and have profiles setup to drop the clock speed down at times when its not necessary for it to be high like when the screen is off. My clock speed is set to drop as my battery percentage drops as well. Normally I am at 1200 when my battery drops below 60% it goes down to 900 at 40% 800 and below 30% 600. My battery last longer with things like this in place than it did with the stock kernel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones