• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooting EVO with simpleroot causing 4G not to work...HELP!!!!

Hi folks,

I rooted my EVO with simpleroot, worked well was super easy...that may come back to bite me. I am new to android and have since learned about backing up ROM with nandroid, did not do that and now my 4G does not work. I cannot reboot the original ROM from recovery so I have tried, unsuccessfully, to unroot using RUU. My other option is...

I may have to return the phone to sprint, but I cannot unroot, as I said before. I have tried RUU from here: Index of /shipped/Supersonic But get error [171] usb connection issue. I have HTC sync installed and can sync my EVO with no problems, just cant get the .exe to work for the RUU.

Am I screwed and will have to live without 4G!?!?! Has anyone else had this problem? I found a similar thread on XDA here: Please help, EVO 4G connectivity goes in and out after rooting [Archive] - xda-developers But my problem is not the 4G cutting out, it simply will not connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nate:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones