• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting Fix The (Verizon) Muting Mic Problem ?

I've never rooted a phone before, but am ready to go down that path, especially if flashing a different ROM will solve the problem with the muting mic during calls (the other person on the line suddenly can't hear you). After reading throughout the forum, I can't come to a conclusion weather it fixes it or not. So does it? Like so many others, I love this phone but it's got to be a reliable PHONE first!

I was getting the impression from some that ROMs out before this leak were fixing it but it just wasn't totally clear if that was the case or not. I know it seems that when some on hear complain about the problem, a common response is for them to root and not worry about Big Red rolling out the OTA update. I guess I'll just root anyway.

Upvote 0
I was getting the impression from some that ROMs out before this leak were fixing it but it just wasn't totally clear if that was the case or not. I know it seems that when some on hear complain about the problem, a common response is for them to root and not worry about Big Red rolling out the OTA update. I guess I'll just root anyway.

Which ROM(s)? Because the AOKP folks on irc had no clue about this problem... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones