1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting/Flashing/Etc... What?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TDK_DPT, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TDK_DPT

TDK_DPT Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forums AND a new Android user. I really wanted an iphone for my birthday but went with a Samsung Fascinate and so far, Im loving the phone (kind of...)

My issue with this phone is that it is buggy, slow, the facebook updates on "buddies now" doesnt sync, and I often send out wierd and random text messages.

Anyway, I have been wondering if there is an ANDROID 2.2 update recently so of course I have been researching this on Google. Come to find out there is a version of this 2.2 called FROYO??? out that you can download and so forth.

Heres my issue: I know NOTHING about rooting?? or what flashing means, and how to do this stuff or what any of it means/does. Im ignorant so to speak when it comes to the more advanced stuff on smartphones.

Can anyone point a new Android user in the right direction. I would really like to get this new 2.2 update for my phone to see if this fixes the issues.

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    This defines what a rom is and the terms around it - Quick INTRO TO ROOTING for those new to rooting

The rest you need to know, please ask questions in this forum - it's for Fascinate users, and specifics vary from model to model of phone.

Welcome to the forums!