• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROOTING For Dummies

ok so judging by the log it might be that you have some bad blocks on your card. copy the content of your card to the pc and format your card through your phone. i would try and just transfer back just your nandroids and see if you can restore it from there. if not the next step is to try a different card or new card.

Would I just wipe it clean in recovery?

Upvote 0
I also did another thing to the nandroid backup, you know once you have the file saved on your phones at the end of each file I write what version it is ( I think I learned that from you) on the latest backups which I did yesterday I wrote the file but did not add a period sign at the end. For example this is what I wrote for one of them: BDS-20110906-0542 MikG 2.5 Golden Monkey

When I put a period at the end and did a restore it worked but when the screen lit up it was only the screen with the time on top, wifi on and mobile network on. I couldnt open the screen, thats when I decided to reinstall the ROM which I did this afternoon. I thought I would let you know!

Upvote 0
I also did another thing to the nandroid backup, you know once you have the file saved on your phones at the end of each file I write what version it is ( I think I learned that from you) on the latest backups which I did yesterday I wrote the file but did not add a period sign at the end. For example this is what I wrote for one of them: BDS-20110906-0542 MikG 2.5 Golden Monkey

When I put a period at the end and did a restore it worked but when the screen lit up it was only the screen with the time on top, wifi on and mobile network on. I couldnt open the screen, thats when I decided to reinstall the ROM which I did this afternoon. I thought I would let you know!

actually try renaming the file with no spaces and remove the decimal in 2.5 and try and restore again.

Upvote 0
Where do I find the ROM version?

If I flash MikG 2.5 will I have to flash the radios too? And if, yes, where do I find those along with the appropriate instructions?

(I'm getting close do doing all this -- I think -- at least sometimes I think :) )

no you do not have to flash the radios. that is up tp you if you want to or not. mikg will work either way. some people are reporting better signal and thus better battery life by doing it. also there are 2.51 and 2.52 that you can flash in that order if you want to get the fixes that was done to gingerbread in the latest 4.53 ota.

Upvote 0
I had a quick question. One of my friends has a rooted evo and I installed the MikG 2.45 but I guess he didnt like it. I put his phone back to the stock ROM. My question would be that because he has the 2.2 version which Gingerbread version would I install on his phone to make it Stock 2.3? Also would I have to download the oxed or deoxed version. If someone can guide to the write ROM I will be grateful. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I had a quick question. One of my friends has a rooted evo and I installed the MikG 2.45 but I guess he didnt like it. I put his phone back to the stock ROM. My question would be that because he has the 2.2 version which Gingerbread version would I install on his phone to make it Stock 2.3? Also would I have to download the oxed or deoxed version. If someone can guide to the write ROM I will be grateful. Thank you!

in the roms/kernel sticky, use the the odexed stock 4.53 rom. it is the latest 2.3.3 ota that we just had.

Reactions: kooolaid79
Upvote 0
ok the only one i can find is for the RUU:
RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482

just run it on your computer and connect the phone when it prompts you to do it.
Okay, so that's the EXE version. So in the first post of this guide thread in the Unrooting section, it says to copy over the S-On tool. I would complete all the same steps in order, but instead of copying over the PC36IMG.zip file I would just run the above EXE instead?

Upvote 0
Okay, so that's the EXE version. So in the first post of this guide thread in the Unrooting section, it says to copy over the S-On tool. I would complete all the same steps in order, but instead of copying over the PC36IMG.zip file I would just run the above EXE instead?

yep just flash the s-on tool and reboot then use the ruu to get you the stock recovery and rom.

Reactions: Rambler358
Upvote 0
in the roms/kernel sticky, use the the odexed stock 4.53 rom. it is the latest 2.3.3 ota that we just had.

Now would I have to download the radio patch for this one after I install the update or will it be included? Also if I do have to install the radio as a patch can I do it at the same time as installing the ROM or do I have to wait for the ROM to install then go back to the bootloader and flash that patch? Thanks boss!

Upvote 0
Now would I have to download the radio patch for this one after I install the update or will it be included? Also if I do have to install the radio as a patch can I do it at the same time as installing the ROM or do I have to wait for the ROM to install then go back to the bootloader and flash that patch? Thanks boss!

updating radios can be done at anytime. the only way to change the radio it to flash another one. so it does not matter when you do it. i would suggest that you flash them separately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones