• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Galaxy Ace ???

I was looking for this too but nothing found either, I tried z4root which just freezes up shortly after hitting the button.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, with a white back (if that matters) and am fairly new to Android.

I'm wondering a little what rooting actually does, so far I understand you can make back ups or change a ROM, or remove apps you really don't want but are 'stuck' on your phone. But there is no clear explanation anywhere. Like, for example, is it possible to put a HTC Sense interface on the Samsung Galaxy device? (because I like the dockbar with screen indicator and widgets a lot more)

I find a ton of video's and instructions on how to root, but none of them clearly explain what to do after it or what the advantages are.

Also, is it possible to brick your phone with this rooting? Or can we do a full factory reset or restore a factory default image to the phone?

Hoping for an answer on both questions.

Upvote 0
i ROOTED USING soc 1.7 BUT I DONT SEE any difference. I still cant move apps to SD. I even have that "Superuser" app ...but i dunno what it does.
Firstly i wanna know what changes rooting does. Can we check it? Can we check from the phone if its really rooted or not??
after rooting the phone with SOC ver1.7, you need to install a free app from the Market called "Move2Sd Enabler".

after installation and when you run this enabler, it allows you to select the location(phone OR card memory) of your future downloads. note that it is recommended that root apps and widgets go into the phone memory.

also, after rooting your phone, you can download "App 2 SD" in which it graphically shows you where your downloaded apps are, including those that can be moved to card and vice versa...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones