• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Galaxy Ace ???

u can use soc 1.7 to root ur phone... i ve attached it with the post... just open the app... then connect the phone and click root... wait for some time till popup of root complete comes... nd do not do the additional tests which popups... as initially ace doesn't grant the required superuser access... nd do not forget to REBOOT phone for changes to take place...

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
Reactions: ap6709
Upvote 0
Hi! I've finally made up my mind to root my galaxy Ace. Just a few questions, does rooting my device mean I have to reinstall all the applications and put all the files currently in my SD Card and phone memory?

After successful rooting, what happens next? And if the rooting isn't successful, could I totally not use my phone anymore?

After rooting my device, could I still get any legitimate updates from Samsung?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey Guyz, i recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace (BaseBand Number: S5830DXKC1)
And i would like if anyone kindly advice and instruct me in Rooting my phone without it actually getting BRICKED.
What Software shall i use?? SOC1.7??
I await 4 anyone's reply!!
Thanks ;)

yeah..used that tool dude..it works..
[TUTORIAL] How to flash and root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - xda-developers
this link includes flashing..but ignore the flashing just go on how to root step by step..just read and you will be in good way^^..

thanks and regards to them^^

Upvote 0
Hi friends,

I was looking on rooting Samsung Galaxy Ace and found this thread. I just want to share my experience. I rooted my SGAce few days back and its awesome. My phones speed is increased. My phone memory is 65MB free and I have heavy apps like GoLauncher, GoLocker, SMS Pro and many more :)

Since I am a Linux user I didn't use any software such as SingleClick or something as they are not available for Linux.
Here is what I suggest to all ACE users.

1. Root your device
For rooting device follow this tutorial: Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+
2. Install CWM recovery
Installing CWM is easy you just have to copy CWM zip to mem card and reboot in recovery mode and select the zip.
3. Partition your memory card and give around 256-512 MBs to android for app installation.
Reboot in CWM recovery mode, partition your memory card (take backup before partitioning)
4. Install Link2SD and link all the big apps to Memory card. :) enjoy

I am attaching some important zip that you guys might need in order to do everything.
View attachment recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace.zip
View attachment universal_gb_root_v25.zip
View attachment universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip

You might not need the Unroot zip, but in case if anything goes south, you can simply unroot your phone and get your warranty back :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones