• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting galaxy note n7000

sumerof68

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
Hello people i am new to the forum i used to be an iphone user but have changed to samsung galaxy note n7000 I purchase the device from ebay uk. The seller stated that the phone had been rooted I c s rom. I'm not too cluedup about this device and the android system in general. I decided to take the dive into the android market as my iphone screen was too small and I am somebody who uses the phone for movies a lot! There is a yellow hazard sign that comes up when the phone is started I have digital movies saved on my iphone itunes and I have digital codes which I would like to use to watch the movies on this device but unfortunately I have no idea how to do what and what the next age is after the phone has been rooted or what software this person has used to root the phone and what they should have done please help what should I do next I don't want to revert to iphone again. I like the android system I was attracted to the forum after I did some google search and want to to find out how to get podcasts on the android system and 1 of the members answered a fellow users queries as 2 how to download podcasts on android and he was advised to use keicast which is a great system i found. Forward to your replies and help thanks in advance

OP could use little dots and commas now and then :)
Yellow exclamation mark? Looks like root warning there, CMIIW.

The yellow warning triangle indicates that the phone had been loaded with a non standard (i.e. not stock Samsung) firmware. Of course this is not a problem for the phone or for you (unless you need to service the phone). It tells the service centre that non standard firmware has been installed and the warranty is void. All is not lost though, it is possible to get rid of the yellow triangle with a little work. I have not done this myself so I am not the most qualified, but I do know that the information needed to reverse the "evidence" can be found somewhere on this forum (possibility in the all things root sub forum) or over at the XDA developers forum.

I have never tangled with iTunes, but I am sure that one of the other iPhone converts can help you.

Oh and Zenstrive, since you love punctuation so much, this is for you:,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. (ah, that reminded me of my Spectrum 48K days).

Regards,
Eric Ritchie.

Reactions: sumerof68
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones