1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting Galaxy S2 (SII) I9100P - Newbie nerves :s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gorgon123, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Gorgon123

Gorgon123 Lurker

About my device-*
    Android version: 4.0.3
    Baseband version: I9100PXXLPC
    Kernel version: 3.0.15-I9100PXXLPH-CL378510dpi@DELL128 #3
    Build number: IML74K.XXLPH
    The phone is locked to O2 UK.*

So I've got an GT-i9100P, and I've been thinking about rooting it so I found this guide-*

http :)//) androidforums.com/ galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide (dot) html

I cant post the link

Seems easy enough, eh? But I'm not sure which kernel to flash :( I think it's this one "CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPH-v5.2-CWM5.zip" but I'm not sure :/ if not could someone point me to the correct one c: ?

So once I've got the right kernel, I flash the .TAR, file then I'm rooted with clockworkmod recovery, meaning I can flash ROMs from CWM?*

Thanks for the help.*

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Gorgon123! :)

For a step-by-step guide, with video, for absolute beginners to rooting the Samsung Galaxy S2, see...

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...t/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

Please read it through slowly and carefully as it not only contains instructions on how to root your phone but also loads of useful information on what you can do after rooting.

You are OK with the CF-Root kernel you have chosen as it matches your existing kernel.

If you have any further questions regarding rooting or custom ROMs and kernels, see the, "All Things Root", section of this forum.

Gorgon123 likes this.
  3. Gorgon123

Gorgon123 Lurker

Thanks! If I Install a custom rom then flash back to stock rom, will I be able to update to jelly bean when(/if) it is released via kies?

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Yes you can... however,

1. I doubt very much, that when you are rooted, that you will use Kies very much at all... least of all for updating firmware.

2. Jelly Bean ROM's have been available for rooted users to flash for the last 6 weeks on the GT-i9100 version and the, "P", variant may not be too far off.

5. widu13

widu13 Lurker

Can I jump in on this one. I have the same handset and flashed the same kernel. Odin reported that it had succeeded, however after the initial boot screen with the triangle it goes dead. Any ideas? It is possible to manually install the original ROM?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews