1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Rooting Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shauneee, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Shauneee

Shauneee Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Shauneee.

If you think that rooting a HTC Desire is the same as rooting a Samsung Galaxy SII , then you have an awful lot to learn. :)

For rooting the Galaxy SII, see slug's thread here...

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...guide-updated-12-00-pm-bst-jul-03-2011-a.html

and in particular...

[ROM + Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KF1/2/3/4/, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/3 Download - xda-developers

I would strongly recommend reading everything first before rushing headlong into rooting as you were totally on the wrong track in your posting. A bit like a mechanic using a Fiat Uno instruction manual to try and replace an Aston Martin engine.

Also there is a forum dedicated to Samsung Galaxy SII rooting for just your sort of question, here:-

Galaxy S2 - All Things Root - Android Forums

Hope this helps. :D

3. Shauneee

Shauneee Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Hahah thank you so much for the help :D
    I just typed in "Root" for the search and read the FAQ, I guess it was the transition from iPhone to Android that kind of threw me off. Once I get this rooted it'll be amazing :) Your help has been amazing ! I'll be sure to read through the whole guides. Hope to talk to you again !

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

yes, watch out :D android isnt like iphone, as there are so many devices running android, unlike iOS, where its all the same. ironass has got it spot on, of course ;) read up on the guides n make sure ur familiar with all the methods and wat u need to do before u do it :D