• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooting GALAXY S3 i9300

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I previously rooted and installed cyanogenmod 11 on my international galaxy S3, i encountered some bugs and waned to switch back to Touchwiz, I managed to get back to touchwiz which i downloaded from sammobile.com (United kingdom - vodafone edition) I am on EE and the phone is locked to them, when I put my phone into download mode, nothing recognizes it, I cant flash in odin as it doesnt work. is this to do with me putting a vodafone version on? there was vodafone apps which i managed to delete. the phone works fine but i wanted to know if there is a fix to this or have i stopped myself from rooting this phone ever again? I have no clue if i have stock or custom recovery, and how would I know?

Model Number: GT-i9300
Android Version: 4.3
Kernel Version (I dont know what this means im just copying from my phone): 3.0.31-275602 dpi@DEll126 #1
Build Number: JSS15.JI9300XXUGNH4

What it says in the corner in Download Mode
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (2 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones