• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting GB, with Amon Ra v2.3 recovery

Was just reading this thread and realized, wow almost a year old, not that the info isn't helpful, it is. Anyhow had a question regarding my SD card. On page #1, it talks about using TB to find out how much space your sd-ext is using. Looked at mine and I have plenty in reserve but did notice the my System ROM has 367 MB available space but only 6.18 MB free space. Just curious if this sounds normal or not? Thanks in advance. I am currently running MikG 3.1

Upvote 0
Was just reading this thread and realized, wow almost a year old, not that the info isn't helpful, it is. Anyhow had a question regarding my SD card. On page #1, it talks about using TB to find out how much space your sd-ext is using. Looked at mine and I have plenty in reserve but did notice the my System ROM has 367 MB available space but only 6.18 MB free space. Just curious if this sounds normal or not? Thanks in advance. I am currently running MikG 3.1
Well, sense roms do take up quite a bit more space than AOSP roms, but 6.18mb free does seem a little low. I dont quite remember what free space I had when I was on MikG....
Perhaps someone else running MikG knows and can check theirs vs. yours.

Upvote 0

is your card partitioned?

Upvote 0
mail.google.com.jpg

Upvote 0
Internal memory looks good, sd card and ext look good.
I dont pay much attention to the rom free gb myself as that really never changes.
You can test the a2sd function by taking note of your current memory space, then downloading a large app file such as Angry Birds, taking note of how big the file is, then recheck in TB, the internal memory go down a little and your sd-ext memory decreasing more than internal. Then uninstall Angry Birds.

Reactions: jg62
Upvote 0
Okay, will give that a try. Now that I have had time to think about it (and read your replies) I remember when I was running decks the System ROM has quite a bit more free space (as u stated) so this is probably nothing more than a non issue.

Thanks again to you and ocn, you guys are the best. Wish I had half your guys knowledge so I could help out others like you two do. Oh well I will just keep reading and maybe one day I won't be so...:thinking:

Top of the 9th, and my Tigers are about to put me in bed...ttyl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones