1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting guide

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by waywardinfuse, Sep 19, 2011.

1. waywardinfuse

waywardinfuse Lurker

Alright i got my infuse for about a month and it is awesome in my opinion, but there is stuff that sucks like how i get my text messages in my call logs and like i want to be able to change the font with fontimizer or something(any better suggestions?) so i think i want to root. Only thing is, i have no idea about anything to do with rooting. What is it and have no idea what to do or how to do it or even what will happen. I need someone to explain to me what to do, and like any risks or anything like that, and then like how i can get rid of some of the stuff i said. I am pretty tech savy and i know computers pretty well, and i used to have an ipod touch, which i would do lots of jailbreaking stuff with, but i do not know anything about rooting. I also remember the guy at the store i bought the phone at, he said he did something which i think now is rooting and he said it worked for like a day and then stopped working. So pretty much what can i do with rooting, what are some of the stuff that i should do if im gonna root, and how do i fix the stuff i mentioned. If anyone needs any more information, i can give waht ever is needed. Thanks:D

Advertisement

2. striketrue

striketrue Member

Make your way over to the xda forums, find the forum for your phone, and behold, everything you've ever needed to know

Ryanscool likes this.