1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting guide

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pat8228, Jul 5, 2013.

1. pat8228

pat8228 Lurker

Does anyone know where I can find a detailed rooting guide for a Virgin mobile galaxy s2 D710? I've never done a root before and don't really understand what I need to do. The ones I've read said to download the drivers, but do I need to download all of them or just one? The guides I have read don't go into detail for an idiot like me.
    Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pat8228

pat8228 Lurker

I tried the guide from rwilco12 and used the one click kernal gb28 for virgin mobile, but I get the following message "MSD5 hash value is invalid" then it ends the download. Nothing happens to my phone.
    Any ideas what is wrong?
    Please help!

3. gtaber

gtaber Newbie

You got lucky. The file you downloaded is corrupted, that's what the MD5 hash file is, to make sure the file is the same when you run it as when the author made the archive. If the MD5 doesn't match up exactly on both ends, the process aborts, because something changed in transit. Before you do anything, make sure you have a way to restore your phone back to stock in case something goes wrong and you can't recover from it. The best way on this model that I know of is an upgrade from Samsung/Virgin Mobile to go to Android 4.0 to 4.1. It wipes the phone and installs a stock version, that is unrooted, but will work. I posted the link to it in another thread, but here it is again:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqe1y5i1eu5vqis/Virgin_Mobile_D710_GB28_JellyBean_SimpleUpgradeTool.exe

It's in my dropbox account, I originally downloaded it from Samsung. Try it out and make sure it works on your phone, make sure you have backups of anything you don't want to lose on your SD card or PC as it will wipe your phone. It installs on a windows PC and will instruct you on what to do. Once you know that works and you have a way to get back to a working phone, then you may be ready to learn how to hack, root, and run custom ROMs on your S2. Rooting an installing custom ROMs voids your warranty also, so if you have a hardware problem and need to send your phone back, you want it to be stock when you do. And, of course, I take no responsibility for anything you may do to your phone whatsoever, ultimately you, and you alone make the decisions to change your phone, and are responsible for whatever happens to it. Have Fun!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews