1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooting Guides Aint Clear Or Is It Me ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geemacd, Dec 13, 2011.

1. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member
    None

To my mind the rooting guides are not the clearest in here or anywhere else, now please do not let anyone take offence to this, I more than appreciate the work everyone does & I really dont mean this as having a go at anyone, but to a noob or even a non-noob, I think they are very confusing.

I rooted my previous phone (HTC desire) and I loved it, I have since rooted my razr but thats as far as it goes for the moment, because the guides appear to expect that a lot of people have knowledge of not just rooting but also of Motorola phones.

In the UK, motorola died on its backside so no-one here had one of these brands of phones and I think a lot of guides seem to be written for people that are used to them and they way these specific phones work. For instance I know how to do a soft reset, but how do you boot into recovery menu/flash rom menu etc ? Do you install bootstrap file ? Does that give you clockwork mod or is that another file ?

What doesnt help me as well is a lot of guides appear to be written by people where English isn't their first language and as I am in the UK, I dont speak another language as the education system is geared that everyone else in the world must speak English (to my embarrassment)

I cant find a one step resource that says you do things in this order, then in that, then in that etc etc and the guide on this forum is the same.

Is there anyone that can help me with this ?
    Can our forum guides be tidied & added to so this makes it easier for all ?

I love this forum, on it a few times a day and just want to help suggest ways to make it even better for those already here and make it THE 1st place anyone would look for the ultimate guide on how to root this phone and hopefully grow the membership.

Again please dont take this as a slight on anyone, it is not intended in this way and problem only shows me up as a complete nooby douche !!! lol

Advertisement

2. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Paramedic
    Prairieville Louisiana
    I used this website to root my Maxx, while not one step it couldn't of been easier.

Droid Razr Root!

cbreze likes this.
  3. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I used the same instructions and believe they are some of the easiest and best documented that I have ever seen and believe any non-techy that can read should be able to easily follow the steps.

4. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Central Oregon
    It all seemed to work properly for me, but titanium says I'm not rooted. I have super user and bionic bootstrapper installed during the root process, but I seemed to have missed getting busybox on and titanium says I'm indicating a non rooted razr because of this. Anyway to get it? I tried the process a second time and when it goes thru the screen scroll during the process it shows busybox as failing. Not sure what to do at this point. Will do some searching. On the plus side my RAM has increased by over 100MB free.
    EDIT: Found busybox on the market, DOH! To obvious. Anyway, all good now, time to play ;)

5. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    That's strange I never had to install BusyBox from the Market and never had any problems at all with the RAZR root procedure.

6. cbreze

cbreze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Yeah, I dunno. I followed the instructions to the letter, twice. In any case, working great now.:)

7. gb4fan

gb4fan Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 18, 2011

I totally agree! Coming from the LG Ally which I had someone else root for me because it seemed
    to techy for me to do this was a snap to root.