1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Rooting Help Needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmcshurley, Jul 10, 2010.

1. jmcshurley

jmcshurley New Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I am attempting to root my samsung moment, the issue i am having is that every time i connected to my computer in download mode the computer will not see the moment. I have tried 3 different computers and i just dont understand why.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    make sure "debugging mode" is off. Settings/Applications/Development

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Burlington City, NJ
    did you DL the sprint drivers...? tho it should be plug and play...

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    Download usbdeview (View any installed/connected USB device on your system)
    Remove any and all drivers associated with samsung or android

Check your add/remove programs for any samsung driver packages and remove if necessary.

Install the samsung updater tool (Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment with Google) this will include the latest non-debugging mode drivers for the moment.

Apply this patch to allow flashing of non-official .tar files (Samsung Updater Patch: Revert to the old one)

Now just run the updater as you normally would placing whatever it is you are trying to flash (.tar only) in the /program files/samsung electronics/swupdate/models/binary folder and follow the on-screen instructions exactly.

Note: As far as i know download mode doesn't require the debugging drivers, i know this because i used it just fine before i had them ;). This will come into play after you flash custom roms as *most* of them turn on usb debugging when they are installed.

Edit: I also recall using a usb micro cable that i had laying around (not the one included with the phone) and it would charge the phone but wouldnt recognize the phone for data, try using a different usb cable. I has seen other people with this issue as well.

If none of these steps work in fixing your problem i would take the phone to a sprint store and have them look at it, you usb jack may be defective :(.

5. jmcshurley

jmcshurley New Member

Jul 10, 2010
    ll the info, i will be testing all this out tomorrow. :)