1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Slikno420, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Slikno420

Slikno420 Member

I am trying to root my girlfriends phone. However I keep running into issues with the htcdevs site. phone is running .218 hboot, 2.3.5 android version, and software 5.07.651.1 710RD. If anyone would be able to help with a teamviewer session I would greatly appreciate it, and also donate to the dev of their choice. I have had experience with samsung and Motorola, but this thing is a totally different breed of beast lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

Yes, you're right, the HTC is not easy to root, so only root it when you really feel it's necessary, I've heard core Android developers say they don't mind using unrooted devices.

I would have helped you if I were more cinfident... Please check this tutorial though (contains video): How to Root Your HTC EVO 4G (with OTA Gingerbread Update)

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I don't know what teamviewer is but what issues are you having?

4. Slikno420

Slikno420 Member

Well I got the bootloader unlocked finally lol. The problem I am into now is that I cant find out how to root the device or install a recovery. Ive been looking at the root guide itself but im not finding anything in there about how to do either one of these.

Also teamviewer is an application that you use on a PC to work on someones computer from a different one. Ive done it to root others phones and fix general issues. Pretty secure system, if they get into something that you dont want them into you can instantly freeze and disconnect their connection.

5. Mikestony

VIP Member

Are you following this guide?
    Just click on the "show" of htc dev method and more options will come up as to recovery etc.
    Glad you got your bootloader unlocked...you are almost there!!!:D

ocnbrze and Slikno420 like this.
  6. Slikno420

Slikno420 Member

Just found that one when i got the notification that you posted it lol

Thanks for the help if I run into anything else ill repost on this thread XD

Edit: Got it all flashed and working, not as difficult as i first anticipated, just more processes to work through. Thanks again.

ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  7. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

did you just do the htc unlock or did you go through the process to get s-off as well?

Some people only need it once for putting recovery on and installing super user, others(such as myself) put different roms and other things on too often to jump through htc's hoops to do rom changes.

ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! glad it worked. i love your reason for the edit. and you are wrong. he is not boss, MIckey is bada$$:D

Mikestony likes this.
  9. Mikestony

VIP Member

well.....all I gotta say is....
    [​IMG]
    :D

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews