1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting HTC desire 610?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrunpopular, Aug 12, 2014.

1. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

it has to be possible right? ive been searching the internet in hopes of rooting my device with no luck. Non of the methods have worked so far.
    i just wanted to know if its at least possible to root htc desire 610. thanks droid forums

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Have you tried this method?
    How to Root the HTC Desire HD | Desire HD | XDA Forum

3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

I moved your thread to the appropriate forum,You may get better help here.

4. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

ive tried that method too and still no luck and thanks

5. eriesterer

eriesterer Lurker

Literally made a post about this a week ago, yet received no responses... How Rude :mad:.

Alas, there is no way of rooting the Desire 610, to my knowledge.
    Just saying, if there is a thread already available, please use it. It reduces clutter (slightly ironic).
    OP... What is your Android Software #? I know that with older software, it seems possible, in theory (2.0, 2.2, etc). 4.4.2 Software updates show no results, in terms of rooting, with the Desire 610.

6. eriesterer

eriesterer Lurker

Sorry for double posting, but this is the ONLY online community on the entire surface web interested in this issue. The 610 hasn't had much interest for rooting, because it was made for a more casual smartphone user. Throwing it out there, but for this websites' purposes, it would generate much more traffic here, as there is no solution yet...
    Cheers, and I will do my best to try to find a solution by Friday...
    Eric.

:Edit:
    Amoco, what is your expertise with droids? I'm wondering if you, or a different mod, might know how much of a difference there is between the Desire 610 software versus Desire HD/Desire S/etc.
    Using a root from a slightly different phone model could junk the phone, as I do not want to make this happen to my own phone. Maybe a Virtual 610 (is there such a thing) could be test-rooted, using the alternative softwares. Just seems a little risky, for me.

7. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

Thanks to all for the help. And it's just a slap in the face that out of all the phones I had to choose from I pick the one that doesn't root easily...or not at all

8. eriesterer

eriesterer Lurker

Please contribute! Not much work has been done on this phone via rooting, as it isn't a popular phone (not sure why not... I love it!)
    New territory here... All hands on deck!

9. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

I agree with these letters that become words that become sentences.

10. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

Bump...really don't want this thread to die out. Thanks again

11. eriesterer

eriesterer Lurker

Need more people. Mods, please join this conversation. Amateurs like us will end up bricking our phones...

12. etechgeek24

etechgeek24 Newbie

How to Root the HTC Desire 610 | TheUnlockr

It basically says you have to unlock the bootloader via HTCDev, install CWM Recovery, and flash SuperSU (like a nexus, except you need to use HTCDev first...)

I don't have this phone at the moment, but if anyone is willing to test it please report your findings!

13. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

Unlocking the bootloader doesn't seem to work if your carriers at&t...which is what I have :(. I mean I could be missing something but I selected "all supported devices" at HTCdev when attempting it, and everything seemed to be going well until it was time to load the .bin file via command promt. . .It just wouldn't work. Then, instead of " all supported devices" I chose "HTC Desire*" but when they asked me to select my carrier, AT&T wasn't listed....officially lost

14. mrunpopular

mrunpopular Lurker

Bump...Bump..............Bump

15. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

HTC Desire 610 Forum

The HTC Desire 610 release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2040mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews