1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting HTC HERO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imfrickenfoofy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. imfrickenfoofy

I am trying to get a full blown understanding as to why it's so great to root your htc hero. I am not a phone expert, but I am willing to learn the necessary skills to root my hero. However, it seems like a little bit of work (especially considering I own a mac) and for me personally (I don't know of any programs I would really use that aren't available via market) I cant see any true advantage other than maybe a speed boost? Is the speed boost REAL, or is it just a placebo affect for those of you who are big phone fans?

Not trying to be a debbie downer what so ever, just looking for real info. If HTC is coming out with an android 2.0 software update soon, or rooting my phone makes firmware/software updates a pain in the butt, then this definitely isn't for me. I'm looking to speed my phone up, and add any cool features that I would use (mainly anything related to financial markets).

Thanks again!

2. treborcj

treborcj Android Enthusiast

There is a sticky regarding this, start there.

3. imfrickenfoofy

I looked through the sticky...

I may be completely blind, but several times throughout the discussion the question is simply asked "why?" , and no direct response is really ever given.

4. treborcj

Post 202 in the sticky.

5. imfrickenfoofy

Yea I saw that..

For a guy like me just looking maybe for a speed boost (im not looking to access the root system itself) is it worth it?

Sorry to be a pest

6. treborcj

Probably not, 2.1 is likely to be faster anyway. Whenever it does come out.....

7. imfrickenfoofy

awesome, thank you for the help

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews