1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting Hydro Icon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by telefunken, Dec 14, 2014.

1. telefunken

telefunken Newbie

Since the kitkat update on the Boost Hydro Icon no rooting methods work.
    It seems everyone who got them to work (rootgenius) rooted before the update.
    I wonder if I do a factory reset on my phone it will revert to pre-kitkat so I can root, then update keeping the root.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by telefunken, Jun 2, 2015 (1 points)
  3. timmyh318

timmyh318 Android Enthusiast

No. Factory resets don't downgrade firmware.

4. Well, this answers my question before I even asked, so I'm still screwed as far as rooting this phone goes!

5. telefunken

telefunken Newbie

I got a replacement Icon that still has 4.3 android... I guess I can root it but I have read that rooting can cause problems during pushed updates including bricking. Anyone?

Also I noticed rootgenius infected my Windows with adware, I got it all off but it was a semi-serious virus.

#4 telefunken, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  6. benny920

benny920 Newbie

I'm trying to take a different approach to rooting my Kyocera Hydro icon. Im trying to find a way to exploit the root folder that is in the device menu /. The main reason why I want to root my device is to restore write permission to my SD card. KitKat 4.4.2 disabled this function. Its very simple to fix bit root access is needed to write the code in then save it. Anyone have a solution?

#5 benny920, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  7. benny920

benny920 Newbie

#6 benny920, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  8. telefunken

telefunken Newbie

So back to original question, does anyone have a rooted icon that survived updates without brick?

Kyocera Hydro Icon Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews